Wednesday, June 15, 2016

Weight weight, don't tell me

Hey. I'm Kristin. And I weigh what I weigh.

At the moment, that's 110 pounds.
OMG 110 pounds! That's amazing.
No. It's not. That's underweight.The only time I've been not-underweight, I've been pregnant. That's when I put on another 50% of myself so I can drop a 9-pound person.

But this year, one of those little people started preschool, and he brought home oodles and oodles of little nasties. *ICK, GERMS!* I was sick from August until April, with nary a well week during that entire span. FIVE rounds of antibiotics, my friends.

While prescribing that last (28-day) round, my primary care physician said that thing all of my primary care physicians have said to post-adolescent me: If you just put on ten more pounds, you'd be a lot healthier.

Yeah, okay. I'll try.

Only I've been trying to do that since ALWAYS. Once I went from 95 to 108 pounds in the span of about 3 months. I saw a personal trainer, lifted weights four times a week, and took protein shakes three times a day. It felt like a full-time job--worrying about pouring in the calories. When I quit the shakes I dropped back down to 103. Still, an eight-pound success, yeah?

This time I focused on eating balanced meals and lifting weights. I did great with the food, but my get-to-the-gym willpower is not that great. Four months later, I still weigh 110. Not a single pound gained.

So I'm like, "Whatever, this is the size my body wants me to be. I eat when I'm hungry, and I'm active. I'm just supposed to be 110 pounds right now."

Really, Kristin? And if you were 300 pounds, would that excuse fly? If your doctor said, "You HAVE to do something about your weight," would you just be like, "Whatevs, this is the size I'm SUPPOSED to be"? Just because a weight is more socially acceptable does not make it healthy.

So quit bitching about how hard it is to control your weight. It's hard for everybody.
Go to the gym tomorrow, you lazy cow.**



**I'm talking to myself here. I don't know if you are a lazy cow or not. If you are, come to the gym with me--or just stop by and try to make me go. My willpower = not so great.

No comments:

Post a Comment